If you put a lightweight object on the clip inside the Stereoscopic illusion frame, it will move in a stylized slow motion similar to the visuals you’ll find in the movies. Except, it’s all happening in real time right in front of your eyes.
Creating a magical display, “Slow Motion” is a picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion.
Note: This gif is in real time
Bring magic into your own home
There are no glass and display screens,only one very retro spring clip.By taking advantage of the limits of human visual perception, this optical illusion sculpture appears to be doing the impossible-right before your eyes. Slow Motion combines technology, science, and art, in order to remind us of the natural mystery, beauty, and wonder that surround us every day.
- A picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion.
- There are LED lights on both sides of the album, create an elegant atmosphere.
- There are no glass and display screens,only one very retro spring clip.
- In the show time frame, we see feathers and leaves fluttering like winds, slow motion playback.
- Watching the leaf moving in a slow motion, allow yourself relax and relieve from everyday unhappiness.
- Mainly applicable to leisure and entertainment places, hotel lobby, exhibition hall, home place, hotel room.
How is this possible?
Slow Motion Machine is a box shape device with a LED light and a clip on the platform which allow you to attach any lightweight object to it. Anything you put in appears to move very slowly right away. It looks like magic, but the effect actually result from optical illusion, in simple terms, by strobe lighting.
Strobe lights are nothing new — extremely fast strobe lights help us to see fast motions. If you've ever been to a concert that used strobe lights, you'll recall that the lights flicker on and off at a rate that makes it obvious that they're flashing. But once lights start flashing at frequencies higher than 24 frames per second, the human eye can't tell the difference between static images and moving ones — the light looks continuous. This is a phenomenon called persistence of vision, and works similarly to the way a TV works — by flickering frozen images quickly enough that we perceive them as continuous motion.
For this device, the LED light is optimized at the right speed to get stereoscopic slow motion effect. It's blinking so quickly that your eyes don't know it's happening. And while the lights strobe, the mechanical clip that holds your object vibrates. By synchronizing the strobes to the high-speed vibration of objects (feathers, branches, flowers, etc), we create the visual illusion of those objects moving in slow motion. You can also vary the vibration frequency of clip by rotating the knob, it's possible to make the objects look like they move in impossible ways — moving in slow motion, jumping discretely to new positions instantaneously, and more.
1. Plug in feathers.
2. Moving magnets and screws are parallel.
3. Plug in the power, automatic working mode.
Three are 4 red buttons on the back:
1. Slow motion mode, showing the beauty of object slow motion.
2. Double slow mode, double shadow of a single object.
3. Lighting mode, led light does not vibrate.
4. Off mode
1 x Pine Wood Frame
2 x Starter Feathers
2 x LED Lights
|Pine wood frame
|Adapter Input Voltage
||AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
|Adapter Output Voltage
||DC 12V 1A
||Socket power supply
||5w LED lighting.